Paul Ryan, alleged enemy of big government, supports the following HUGE government policies:
- He voted to make the Patriot Act permanent.
- He voted to add a constitutional amendment stating that marriage is defined as a man and a woman.
- Continues to support the life ruining and taxpayer…
Having already anticipated this line of questioning from the remedial students, let us begin today’s reality 101 class with some actual information that is easily researched, if one bothers to look into more than the dear leader’s talking points and the angry sputtering of the Ron Paul camp.
- http://votesmart.org/candidate/key-votes/26344/ A collected list of the voting record of Paul Ryan.
- The disclosure list that (by law) his office has to post: http://paulryan.house.gov/voterecord/
- The ontheissues.org comprised list: http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/
- govtrack.us also has a full and comprehensive list of his policies here: http://www.govtrack.us/congress/members/paul_ryan/400351
- Here is the Washington Post list: http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/R000570/
- Here is the opencongress.org analysis: http://www.opencongress.org/people/show/400351_Paul_Ryan
- Also not a bad source: http://www.thepoliticalguide.com/Profiles/House/Wisconsin/Paul_Ryan/Views/Debt,_Deficit,_Spending,_and_the_Size_of_Government/
- A fair analysis and opinion: http://ivn.us/2012/08/11/a-closer-look-at-rep-paul-ryans-voting-record/
- Just to present the other side, though the commentary is clearly NOT unbiased: http://emilyslist.org/blog/breaking-mitt-romney-chooses-paul-ryan-vp
Now, given all of the actual facts and information about his record, I’m sure we can count on the Obama-Biden team to present us with more gut wrenching tales of people that have died because Romney existed, or the grannies that Ryan has shoved off a cliff.
I guess I don’t understand the point you’re trying to make right now. I drafted that list from the first source you linked to. He’s a big government statist, plain and simple.
Oh here’s something I missed! He voted AGAINST the repeal of indefinite detention. This guy is a crock of shit. He’s no different than every other big government conservative out there. He takes the limited government rhetoric from libertarians and then grows government at a rate that makes Democrats look modest.